Image Map

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ok...so evidently resolutions are not my strong suit. Well here we are a new year and a new chance to try again. It is one of the reasons I love teaching so much. My kiddo have had 2 days of school thus far. We haven't even begun practicing for our reading time. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't even know what to call my reading program anymore. Does it even matter? It has morphed into this crazy "Daily Guided Workshop" model. It has tiny hints of Guided Reading and a full bouquet of Daily 5 and Readers Workshop...sounds more like a nice bottle of wine doesn't it? I suppose as teachers we all do this...utilize several programs/theories/philosophies until we achieve what we want (or an identity crisis). I am just happy to be teaching quality reading instruction to a bunch of wonderful students! How does everyone else feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment